Dineout is one of the best restaurant table booking app in India. Dineout was founded in 2012, it simply meant allowing diners to reserve a guaranteed table at the top restaurants in the city and was acquired by Times Internet Limited in 2014. Times Internet is India’s largest digital products company and the digital venture of Times of India.
According to the company, it provides online reservations for about 6,000 restaurants around the country and serves over 2 crore diners across 11 cities.
Use Dineout to find best restaurants, deals, discounts and offers in:
The loyalty membership program of Dineout is Gourmet Passport which gives the Ultimate Dining Privilege. A membership program which gives you exclusive access to Buy 1 Get 1 offers at 800+ partner restaurants.
- 1+1 on Food
- 1+1 on Drinks
- 1+1 on Buffet
The most unique offer on this membership is 1+1 on Buffet. It would be perfect for you to experience a date night in a 5-star hotel by just paying for one person. Believe me, it works. I use to hunt for deals on Nearbuy.com to get the vouchers before and now not anymore.
The average bill for two people dining in a metro city like Bangalore is also increasing. It uses to be around 800, not it’s around 1,200 INR. So dining memberships are one of the best ways to save on your weekend spending.
One of the main reason why I use Dineout is because of its wallet Dineout Pay (Formerly known as SmartPay). Though not all the restaurant is currently accepting Dineout Pay, major ones do accept. It’s similar to PayTM wallet, where you top-up and pay via the app. I believe this is something Zomato is missing on. Dineout makes me a repeat customer because of the attractive offers they have when I pay using Dineout credits.
Interestingly Dineout Pay accepts Amex, DinersClub, VISA, MasterCard, UPI, Google Pay, Netbanking, PayPal, PayTM, Mobikwik & Freecharge.
One of the restaurants I had dinner did not accept Amex on the PoS machine but fortunately, they accepted Dineout Pay. So, I just found a way to use my Amex on almost any restaurant via Dineout Pay;)
- You can pay using 25% of your final bill from the Dineout Pay wallet balance, few restaurants allow 50% too.
- You may also get 20% cashback (up to 300 INR) when you pay via Dineout Pay
- When you top-up the wallet you will get 5% extra before paying the bills
- If you upload the final bill from the restaurant location, you will get 20% (up to 300 INR) as a cash back into the Dineout Pay wallet
Looks like 2019 is a year of an experiment for the food industry, too many offers very good for end consumers.
In the month of Feb 2019, there was a lot of offers run on Dineout to attract footfall for the restaurant. It was so lucrative no one could resist.
Predict & Win
India has IPL Fever, It’s a predict and wins a game where you get Dineout Pay earnings which you could use while paying the bills at restaurants. I’m not a big cricket fan still I was also playing this game out of guess and benefited out of it.
50% off on selected restaurants. Imagine you have to pay only 50% of the bill for a treat.
How to make the best use of Dineout?
- If you are planning for a fine dining restaurant, filter the restaurants which accept Dineout Pay to book a table, so that you get JetPrivilege miles every time.
- After the bill is generated, make sure you top-up your wallet for the exact amount to get 5% extra and pay the bill using Dineout Pay so you get back 20% (up to 300 INR)
- I was able to combine Zomato gold 1+1 offer and pay via Dineout Pay in many restaurants. I had also combined CRED vouchers and paid via Dineout Pay. Which is a double saving?
How to become a Gourmet Passport Member?
Based on the city you live in you may choose to pick a package that suits you.
Alternatively, you can also become eligible for membership by
Refer & Earn program
If you can refer three of friends to buy Gourmet Passport, then you will get a 12 months access for free.
Visa Signature / Infinite offer
Get 3 Month Gourmet Passport Membership free and 40% off on renewal of Gourmet Passport Membership on Dineout mobile app and mobile website, with your Visa Signature and Visa Infinite card. Visit https://www.visa.co.in/pay-with-visa/offer-detail.html?offerId=126796
If you are a CRED mobile app user then you could burn your cred coins for three months access to the membership too
Since Dineout is also a part of Times Internet, the recently launched TimePrime is offering 12 months Gourmet Passport membership to its members. I availed this offer and it’s totally worth it.
One of the most impressive of Dineout is their support. I had an experience where the restaurant owner did not accept the Dineout Pay. I gave a 1-star rating and got the call from Dineout next day. I explained them the issue and they credited the 300 INR promotional earning with 90 days validity as a simple gesture to rebuild the trust.
Things to note
- Always ask if Dineout Pay is accepted before getting the table at the restaurant.
- If you want to avail 1+1 offers, redeem the voucher before placing the order
- After the final bill is generated, top-up the wallet to the required amount so you get 5% extra which will be adjusted when the convenience fee & GST is added.
CardSavvy Membership Rating:
Whether you are a bachelor or living with family, we all will go out to restaurants. If you stay in any of the 12 cities mentioned above you know how often we go for a weekend eat out in a month. According to me, Dineout Gourmet Passport is one of the must-have a membership to save on food. I’m personally loving it and also get to experience new restaurants in the town.