IndusInd bank has a variety of credit card products and offers. The only problem with any IndusInd credit card product is the huge one-time joining fee.
About Signature Legend Credit Card
IndusInd Signature Legend Credit Card is a premium credit card under the VISA Signature platform and positioned below Pinnacle credit card. It’s also mentioned as Legend credit card in many places. It’s also a PayWave / Contactless card.
Look and Feel
- The card has a really good shiny design
- Notably, they have the card number and other details printed on the back of the card
- I do feel that was a bad idea as CVV and card number both in the same side is not good.
I was paid 24,000 + GST to get this card for a lifetime fee. Seems like the one-time fee is the only way to get this card irrespective of the relationship value with IndusInd Bank.
At the time, there are voucher options from the below merchants.
- Oberoi Hotels
- Genesis Luxury Vouchers
- And others
I opted for the Jet Airways voucher as I like their service and their presence in Coimbatore Airport. I was sent 4 promo codes via email and SMS, one month after the card was delivered.
- With the IndusInd Bank Legend Credit Card, in addition to 5 add-on cards, you also get an additional card for business expenses which will help you track your expenses for business separate from personal expenses and will help you for tax and audit purposes
- As an esteemed IndusInd Bank Credit Cardholder, you also get a year-end summary of accounts giving you a snapshot of your spends month wise, merchant category details, spends on your add-on cards, etc.
- You get India’s first auto assist service and international Legend concierge service that provides you with travel assistance and concierge assistance, 24-hours a day
- With the IndusInd Bank Legend Credit Card, you get ‘Total Protect’ which is a first-of-its-kind security program that covers you for unauthorised transactions in case of loss/ theft of your card and counterfeit fraud for a sum up to the credit limit of Rupees 1,50,000 assigned to your credit card.
- You also get Personal Air Accident insurance of ` 25 lakhs with your IndusInd Bank Legend Credit Card.
The first year alone there is a milestone benefit of 4000 reward points on completing more than 6,00,000 INR in a year from the card issue date.
Offers & Discounts
- Airport Lounge Access
- Priority pass membership fee is waived off for primary cardholder and partner
- Please note there is NO free visits in this card, so there is no use event to get this Priority Pass as you will still have to pay $27 per visit in any Airport Lounge outside of India
- There is 2 complimentary airport lounge visit per quarter on your Primary Card to any of the VISA Signature impaneled airport lounges in India
- BookMyShow tickets
- Book one movie ticket and get another movie ticket free
- Offer is open for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (4 days)
- Movie ticket discount capping at Rs 300 per transaction
Please note that these offers may vary from time to time and check out the official IndusInd Signature Legend Credit Card product page for current details.
If there is one good thing about this card is 1 Reward points = 1 Re. in Cash Credit and there are no restrictions and redemption charges as in HDFC bank redemptions. Cash Credit means you can use the reward points to pay your credit card bill. This is one of the reasons why I love IndusInd credit card. All I have to do is just call the priority customer care and inform to convert the reward points into cash credit. They I would have loved to do so on the app if the option was available I’m still okay to call and convert, as it takes just 5 mins and so smooth.
IndusInd offers many options for the redemption of reward points such as
- Oberoi Hotels & Resorts Stay vouchers
- Genesis Luxury Vouchers
- Airline Miles on partner airlines
- Cash Credit
Interestingly the reward points are different for weekend and weekdays in this card. And this is one of the reasons why I picked this card too. Flat 2% Reward Points for every 100 Rupees on weekend. Logically I spend or pay bills on weekends, so this is a perfect fit for earning bonus reward points without any efforts.
Another reason to love IndusInd Credit Card is the transparency in the reward points. You PDF will let you know how much reward points you earned for each transaction. Unlike HDFC where you could only know the total Reward Points instead of per transaction.
The below table consists of Date, Transaction details, Merchant Category, Reward Points and Amount, Credit/Debit
When if you have an EMI on the card or withdraw cash from the ATM using this Credit Card, the calculations are explained clearly.
I have to do a special mention for the IndusMobile app, because it really serves the purpose. IndusMobile app for Android has been tightly integrated with TapZo SDK. The advantage of this is we can make the utility bill payments easily. Not just that there is also offers most of the time.
I pay my mobile bill and ACT broadband bill using the IndusMobile app, I usually get 10 – 20 rupees discount along with 2% reward points on weekend. Which means if my broadband bill is 1040, I’ll end up paying just 1,000 rupees as 20 is given back as Reward Points and another 20 from TapZo All-in-one store discount.
|Privileges||Sum||Savings on Market Value|
|Personal Air Accidental Cover||25,00,000 INR||3,000 per year|
|Unauthorised transactions||1,50,000 INR||2,000 per year|
|*The above illustration is based on hypothetical estimate of expenses.|
Missing / Cons
- Airport Lounge
- No Free Visit in Priority Pass for International Airport Lounges
- Only 2 visits per quarter, that too in VISA
- Reward Points
- No Reward points for Fuel
- 2% Reward Points only on Weekends
- Interest Rate
- High-interest rate
- Choice of card variants
- This card comes with VISA Signature only, If given an option, I would have loved to have picked the MasterCard variant for the list of airport lounges in India
Schedule of charges
|Rates & Charges||Cost (In INR)||Remark|
|Joining Fee||28,320||Bad, Too high joining fee|
|Renewal charge||Nil||Good, No target to spend|
|Interest Rate||3.83 pm (46%)||Bad, High-interest rate|
|Cash Advance Fee||Good, Waived off|
General / Background
- Issued by IndusInd Bank
- Powered by VISA
- Signature Variant
A detailed IndusInd Bank Signature Legend Credit Card Benefits Guide is available on their official website as PDF.
- CardSavvy Card Rating: 4/5
If you are a guy who will plan your spending on weekend, high wallet user and pay your full credit card bills on time then this is a good card for you. Though you may have to carry a different card for International Airport Lounge access.
You may also read How I saved more than 36,418 rupees in a year using this credit card.
Let me know what do you think about paying high joining fee to get a credit card in the comments below.