Loyalty membership programs are becoming more popular in India. I believe this is because Indians are comfortable with a debit card than the credit cards. Usually, credit cards have loyalty programs well established when the volume is high. India had 36.2M credit cards, 846.7M debit cards in January 2018. This clearly shows that Indians love debit cards over credit cards.
TimePrime is a comprehensive membership program from Times Internet Limited (TIL). Times Internet is also India’s largest digital products company.
Times also has TimePoints another loyalty program which has a co-branded credit card with HDFC, though I’m not sure how successful it is.
The membership fee is 999 INR per year and the membership is available only to Indian. There is also a 30 days free trial for everyone. All you need is an active Indian mobile number and email address.
- If you are an active ET Money mobile app users (also a TIL product), the first year membership of TimePrime is free. I personally have availed this offer and I’m so happy with it.
- If you are a PayZapp mobile app user (HDFC Bank wallet), then you can get a maximum of 50% off as cashback up to 500 INR out of 999 INR. (Referral code: mosw94)
This is the active TimesPrime Membership virtual card.
Partners Offers & Benefits
Some of the memberships that are complementary as of writing this article are
- Swiggy Super
- A very good delivery app, the best service for home delivery in most metro cities in India. Swiggy super offer Unlimited Free Delivery, Free Delights, No Surge Fee and more! I personally like there service a lot.
- Swiggy is also part of HDFC Bank Diners Club 10X rewards partner. So if you hold diners club credit card then along with Swiggy super you will have double benefits.
- Dineout Gourmet Passport
- A very good table booking app offers a membership program which gives you exclusive access to Buy 1 Get 1 offer at 800+ partner restaurants. I’m personally a big fan of Dineout Pay as it gets you at least 25% cash back into Dineout Wallet. I personally use dineout for team outing and dinner with friends and family.
- Gaana plus
- Music without limits, with Gaana+, enjoy ad-free access to India’s largest collection of songs. Also, download and stream unlimited songs on your Android and iOS devices in HD quality. I have not yet used them as of now but seems like a good offer.
- Times of India is one of the well-known newspaper and digital news website of India. Enjoy Ad-free content with TOI Plus.
The partner’s list may vary from time to time, visit https://www.timesprime.com/membership to keep track of them.
There are coupons exclusively available for TimesPrime members from the following partners. The partner’s list and offers may vary from time to time, visit https://www.timesprime.com/offers
I’m personally a big fan of RedBus coupons and make use of them every month. Others partners are as follows
- OYO Wizard
- Chai Point
The experience partners offer up to 25% flat discount via coupon code and the partners are
- Canvas Laugh Club
|Swiggy Super||999 per year||999|
|Dineout Gourmet Passport||999 per year||999|
|Gaana Plus||299 per year||299|
|RedBus||150 x 12 months||1,800|
|Total saving per year||4,097+|
CardSavvy Rating: 4/5
The loyalty game has started in India. It’s moving from credit card to membership programs like TimesPrime, PayTM First, etc. I would recommend purchasing the TimePrime membership if you are at least a regular Swiggy, Dineout or RedBus user. I could see the value within a few months of the usage. It’s one of the upcoming membership programs to date available in India.